Company: Family Planning Association of Malawi (FPAM)
Family Planning Association of Malawi (FPAM) is a local Non-Governmental Organization that provides quality, accessible and affordable comprehensive sexual and reproductive health and rights information and services to young people, women, men, and the underserved. The organization also works to reduce maternal mortality and rapid population growth by ensuring that women and young people, mostly underserved and from hard-to-reach areas, have access to information and service options in family planning/sexual reproductive health (FP/SRH) and HIV/AIDS.
Since its founding in 1999, FPAM has established itself as a Centre of Excellence in the delivery of quality family planning and reproductive healthcare products and services and HIV/AIDS information and interventions. This is done through its main service delivery channels: Outreach, static clinics, and public sector strengthening activities. In response to rising adolescent pregnancy and maternal mortality ratio in Malawi, FPAM is increasing its focus on reaching young people and expanding access to family planning services.
FPAM is looking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant post
NURSE/SERVICE PROVIDER (NTCHEU AND NENO)
Reporting to: Service Delivery Manager
Location: Ntcheu and Neno
Attending to general clinical needs of an outreach team and ensuring services provided are of high quality.
Maintaining records of every activity done and compiling daily/monthly returns with assistance from the
District Project Officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning for provision of youth friendly, client centered services to clients.
- Provision of all services as approved by MoH/FPAM using quality of care standards and guidelines as provided and within the professional confines of the service provider.
- Conductclient assessment through history taking and examination based on presenting conditions and providing treatment, care, and support to clients correctly and appropriately.
- Provide counselling on general issues and problems for both young clients, sexually abused, clients with special needs, marginalized populations regardless of their status, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Updates oneself through reading, discussion with colleagues, meetings and other necessary skills deem fit to ensure that clients are provided with the latest management protocols and drug procedures as required.
- Applies infection prevention measures as per required guidelines during service provision and disposal of clinic wastes.
- Manages used clinic instruments by following IP guidelines.
- Plans and executes community outreach service programmes together with other community mobilisation team members.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Diploma/ Degree in Nursing with extensive experience in Sexual and Reproductive Health, including the provision of Family Planning methods such as short term, LARC and those with experience and training in the provision of HTS will have added an advantage.
- At least 2 years’ post qualification experience in a busy health related environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, CV and copies of relevant Certificates with three traceable referees through email only to email@example.com. Details of this position can also be accessed by visiting www.fpamalawi.org.
The deadline for submission is Friday, 1 December 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that due to volumes of applications we receive; only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and that FPAM does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. FPAM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
FPAM is an equal opportunities employer.