Company: Golden Gate Memorial School
Golden Gate Memorial School is an equal opportunity employer providing early childhood and primary education. Located at Biwi, in the capital city, Lilongwe, the school has been in operational existence for at least twenty years. The school is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions that have arisen at the school:
NURSERY TEACHER- 1
Grade: GGM 04
Reporting to: The Nursery Head Teacher
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Preparing schemes and records of work and lesson plans as guided by the Nursery School Curriculum.
- Integrating competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Teaching/ facilitating learning in all subjects of Nursery Curriculum this should include teaching letter recognition, phonics, numbers and awareness of nature and science.
- Organizing relevant teaching learning materials or resources for effective learning eg using games, music, artwork, films, books, computers and other tools to teach educational and social skills.
- Using play-based learning and hand-on teaching methods.
- Creating and maintaining a disciplined class of learners for a favorable and optimum learning environment.
- Assessing learning progress through class exercises, tests and examinations and maintaining grades for students and discussing progress with parents/guardians.
- Monitoring children’s interactions and nurturing cooperation and sharing.
- Working closely with administration, staff and other teachers.
- Establish an enriching, safe and clean classroom and playground environment.
- Ability to use sound judgment and tact when dealing with children and parents/guardians.
- Keeping abreast with changes and development in the structure of the curriculum and any relevant policies
- Organizing and taking part in other school events, outings and activities some of which may take place during weekends or in the evenings
- Running extra curricula activities of the school
- Ensuring that all learners are clean and smart in their school and sports uniforms
- Preparing and submitting reports on time
- Typing of examinations for individual classes
Qualification and experience
- The eligible applicants should have minimum of Advanced Early Childhood Education (ECD) certificate from a reputable institution. Knowledge of Cambridge and Montessori Curricular will be an added advantage
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills and technical analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Willingness to work during odd hours is essential.
Those who fulfil the requirements should submit their written applications, curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three traceable referees and copies of certificates to the following address:
Golden Gate Memorial School
P O Box 1006
- WhatsApp: 0981315692 OR
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date of receiving applications is Thursday, 4th January, 2024, 17:00 hours. Any application received later than this date shall not be processed.