Company: Malawi Against Physical Disabilities
Malawi Against Physical Disabilities is a non-governmental organization which provides free medical rehabilitation services to persons with disabilities in Malawi through physiotherapy, occupational therapy, nursing, provision of assistive devices and many more. We run outreach programs through regional offices in Blantyre, Zomba, Lilongwe and Rumphi. We also run the Kachere Rehabilitation Centre situated in Blantyre, which is the only referral facility for persons with disabilities in the country. We also produce assistive devices in workshops placed in the regional offices.
With support from the Malawi Government, through the Ministry of Health, we are looking for suitable candidates to work in various professions to fill in vacant positions and help us achieve our goals and objectives in fulfilling our mandate. The positions are as follows:
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST (1 POSITION) MAP 4
We are looking for a committed and patient-focused Occupational Therapist to develop, recover or maintain the daily living and work skills of people with physical, mental or developmental conditions. You will offer effective and client-centered services that will enable people to confidently and independently carry out everyday tasks or activities. The successful candidate will have a holistic perspective and will be able to adapt the environment to fit the person.
Qualifications and other requirements
- Degree or Diploma from a recognized institution
- Registered/ licensed with relevant bodies.
- At least two years’ experience in a related field.
Roles and responsibilities
- Address client’s aspects of performance to support engagement in occupations that affect health, well-being and life quality
- Select and adapt the appropriate per case occupational therapy treatment model, method and approach to direct the process of interventions
- Apply interventions to maximize safety and performance in activities of daily living (ADL) and instrumental activities of daily living (IADL)
- Teach clients new ways of approaching tasks and educate them on how to break down activities into achievable components
- Assess client’s home and other environments and advice on alterations consistent with their needs and capabilities
- Recommend adaptive equipment and train in its use
- Guide and educate family members and caregivers
- Observe, note, and report on progress of long- and short-term treatment goals
- Collect data and document processes followed
- Regularly follow-up of clients
HOW TO APPLY
All interested candidates should submit their applications either by dropping hard copies at our Head office in Blantyre, at Kachere Rehabilitation Center, along Chipatala avenue; or electronically through firstname.lastname@example.org; or by post to The General Manager, MAP, P.O Box 256 Blantyre. Remember to include your relevant certificates and updated CV with three traceable referees. Applications to reach Head Office by 15th of December 2023.