Company: Malawi Against Physical Disabilities
Malawi Against Physical Disabilities is a non-governmental organization which provides free medical rehabilitation services to persons with disabilities in Malawi through physiotherapy, occupational therapy, nursing, provision of assistive devices and many more. We run outreach programs through regional offices in Blantyre, Zomba, Lilongwe and Rumphi. We also run the Kachere Rehabilitation Centre situated in Blantyre, which is the only referral facility for persons with disabilities in the country. We also produce assistive devices in workshops placed in the regional offices.
With support from the Malawi Government, through the Ministry of Health, we are looking for suitable candidates to work in various professions to fill in vacant positions and help us achieve our goals and objectives in fulfilling our mandate. The positions are as follows:
ORTHOPAEDIC CLINICAL OFFICER (1 POSITION) MAP 5
Oversee the general management of the musculoskeletal/orthopaedic and trauma patients within MAP clinical setting in Lilongwe. He/she will help coordinate such services by working in liaison with government systems within the sector. Will also delegate patient management duties within the unit.
Roles and responsibilities
- Perform patient history taking and physical examination of all patients with orthopedic and trauma conditions referred to him/her
- Keep all patients’ record safe for long term use of the data
- Find diagnosis and plan management of such patients in both Out Patient and In Patient Departments following well selected orders of investigations
- Organize and participate in any orthopaedic camps or outreach clinics for MAP or with support of other partners
- Offer healthcare education to patients, guardians, staff and the community
- Monitor patients and guardians for compliance to treatment
- Coordinate the management of club foot children including use of ponseti method, organize all resources for such patients and follow on their compliance to treatment
- Perform some therapeutic surgery or that meant for obtaining biopsy
- Organize some appropriate referrals for other senior doctors’ attention.
Qualifications and other requirements
- Diploma in Trauma and Orthopedics obtained from a recognized institution and registered with Medical Council of Malawi
- Familiar with HMIS SYSTEMS in Malawi Health care
- Computer literate
- At least three years experience on the similar job. Experience in any MAP setting is an added advantage
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Ability to work odd hours and under pressure
HOW TO APPLY
All interested candidates should submit their applications either by dropping hard copies at our Head office in Blantyre, at Kachere Rehabilitation Center, along Chipatala avenue; or electronically through email@example.com; or by post to The General Manager, MAP, P.O Box 256 Blantyre. Remember to include your relevant certificates and updated CV with three traceable referees. Applications to reach Head Office by 15th of December 2023.