Company: Banja La Mtsogolo (BLM)
Banja La Mtsogolo (BLM) is a Malawian Non-Governmental Healthcare Organization established in 1987. BLM provides quality Family Planning and Reproductive Healthcare including HIV/AIDS information and interventions. BLM is a senior member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Partnership which works in 43 countries. BLM exists to improve quality of life in Malawi through family planning and reproductive health care services. BLM serves over 800,000 clients annually and makes a significant contribution to national family planning objectives. The organization has national coverage, operating through 25 clinics, and numerous outreach clinic sites.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions of an Outreach Nurse Provider (3).
Position: Outreach Nurse Provider (3)
Reporting Line: Team Leader
Duty Station: Chiradzulu, Phalombe and Mchinji
BLM is looking for experienced individuals to fill the position of Outreach Nurse Provider for Health Sector Joint Fund Project (HSJF). The project aims to reduce maternal, new-born and child morbidity and mortality in Malawi.
The Outreach Nurse Provider will be responsible for providing high quality sexual reproductive health (SRH)services with excellent customer care, which is in line with MSI/BLM policies and procedures.
- Counselling clients and providing advice for family planning, sexual transmitted infections, HIV /AIDs and other SRH services
- Assist in the treatment room during surgical procedures.
- Examine clients and treat STIs and minor ailments.
- Prescribe and dispense drugs.
- Practicing high standards of infection prevention at all times while ensuring that clinical protocols are maintained to MSI standards.
- In line with BLM standards, provide care to all clients, which has the following qualities Consistent, Reliable, Courteous, Value for money, Prompt and excellent, as perceived and judged by the clients.
- Provide ‘vocal local’, a MSI conversation technique used to relax clients during procedures.
Record keeping and reporting
- Routinely maintain accurate records of all procedures and produce reports as necessary.
- Monitor levels of medical and pharmaceutical supplies.
Marketing and business development
- Engage with Community Mobilizers for service demand generation ▪ Participate in ad hoc SRH promotional events.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Team Leader from time to time.
Qualification, skills and experience required:
- Minimum of Diploma in Nursing/Midwifery and be registered with the Nurses and Midwife Council of Malawi.
- Training in Sexual and Reproductive Health Services.
- At least two (2) years’ relevant experience
Knowledge and other attributes required:
- Pro-choice and committed to BLM’s mission of supporting women to have “children by choice and not chance”. Demonstrate BLM’s core values of Accountability, Equality, Value for Money.
- Thorough knowledge of the use and effects of various drugs.
- Thorough knowledge of general nursing practice.
- Basic knowledge of drug stock control system.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and other team members.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement in making decisions involving non-routine problems with general guidance only from Team Leader.
- Ability to prioritise workload and set self-initiatives to achieve desired results.
- Extensive knowledge on modern methods of Family Planning, traditional / natural methods of Family Planning, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) and treatment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of national Sexual and Reproductive Health Policy and BLM Sexual and Reproductive Policies and Guidelines.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Basic computer skills: outlook, excel, PowerPoint and word.
If you are interested and you meet the above requirements, please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter including names and contact details of at least three traceable referees (at least one reference from your current employer or most recent employer; or any previous employers from the recent past)
All applications should be addressed to:
The Corporate Services Director, Banja La Mtsogolo, P.O. Box 1854, LILONGWE. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; to reach him not later than Friday 22nd December 2023.
“Our organization is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and therefore expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment as per the MSI global Code of Conduct”.
BLM is an equal opportunity employer. No canvassing of any kind is allowed.