Company: Ethanol Company Limited (EthCo)
PEOPLE, CULTURE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
Our client, Ethanol Company Limited (EthCo), is an ethanol and allied products manufacturing firm located in Dwangwa. As part of the process of realigning the Company’s Technical Operating Model (TOM) with its strategy, EthCo seeks to engage through a competitive and transparent
executive search and recruitment service, a suitably qualified and experienced Malawian to fill the newly created position of People, Culture and Administration Manager within the HumannResources and Administration Department.
This is a very challenging and exciting high-profile position requiring the services of a multi-skilled, highly motivated, self-driven, versatile and pragmatic HR practitioner with leading-edge skills in all aspects of “Global Best-Practice” HR delivery. The successful candidate willbe part of the executive management team (EXCO) tasked with the important role of strategically repositioning the company’s human resources portfolio and modernise its human resource policies, systems and practices towards enhancing its HR service quality and value to the organization.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent shall, among other things, be responsible.for leading and supporting People, Culture and Administration operations and any related projects in an efficient and effective manner to ensure a culture where people can innovate and excel to effectively contribute to the achievement of the company’s strategic goals. As part of the change management process at EthCo, the People, Culture and Administration Manager shall be expected to make a demonstrable and significant contribution towards enhancing
the operational efficiency/effectiveness, business competitiveness and overall profitability of the company.The incumbent shall also be responsible for advising senior management, line
managers and staff on all HR matters and ensuring that the HR portfolio is in sync with business priorities and developments at all times.
The successful candidate shall be responsible for the following:
- Managing all human resources related activities including recruitment, compensation
management, career development, performance measurement, talent management, training/staff development and welfare;
- In close liaison and strategic partnership with top management, initiating and championing
various people and cultural change management programs in line with changes within the
local and global HR best-practice;
- Directing and overseeing all administration related activities;
- Managing the human resources planning process to determine the Company’s long-term
human capital needs through business partnering interventions and forecasting in line with
- Managing the human resources budget preparation processes and reviewing human
- Monitoring and analyzing the compensation and benefits data of the Company to determine
the competitiveness of the compensation plan;
- Managing new employee on boarding processes to foster a positive attitude towards
achievement of strategic goals;
- Ensuring that the Company’s overall human resources policies, rules, regulations and
procedures comply with Malawi Labour Laws;
- Managing and developing departmental staff to help them achieve full potential and deliver
consistently high-performance standards; and
- Carrying out all Company Secretarial duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A Master’s and Bachelors’ Degree from a recognized institution in any of the following fields:
w Human Resources Management;w Business Administration;
w Business Management;w Social Sciences; or
w Organizational Psychology.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a busy human resource or business management
- Knowledge of Malawi Employment and Labour Laws; and
- Experience in Company secretarial duties.
In return, the Company will offer a competitive package commensurate with the level of
responsibility associated with the post and in line with its organizational structure.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in taking up this challenging and exciting
position, we are ready for you. Urgently submit BY EMAIL ONLY “in Microsoft Word Format”
your application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae with names of at least 3 traceable referees,
and day telephone numbers before close of business on Monday 12th February 2024, to the following address: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.