Company: Law Commission
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants to fill the following vacancies existing in the Law Commission (The Commission).
PRINCIPAL LAW REFORM OFFICER (GRADE LC6)
Reporting to the Chief Law Reform Officer, the Principal Law Reform Officer shall assist in ensuring that law reform projects are finalized on time and in conformity with the Constitution and applicable international law.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Law obtained from a recognized institution;
- Should be admitted to the Malawi Bar;
- 2 years working experience after admission to the Bar.
Principal duties include;
- Assisting in the review of the Laws in Malawi to ensure conformity with the Constitution of Malawi and applicable International law;
- Assisting in carrying out research necessary for legislative reforms in Malawi and holding public consultations on such reforms;
- Participating in Civic Education activities of the Commission; (iv) Participating as resource persons at workshops and seminars on law reform; and
- Contributing to the development of Reports of the Law Commission required to be published and laid before Parliament.
SALARY: A competitive salary will be offered in line with the Law Commission Staff Terms and Conditions of Service. Law Commission is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications clearly marked on the envelope the post applied for comprising an application letter, current resume with detailed information of professional background and certified copies of relevant credentials with at least three traceable referees who are not relatives but previous or present employer (s) should be sent to;
The Law Commissioner,
Private Bag 373,
Lilongwe 3 or
Closing date for receiving applications is 5th January, 2024
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Those who already applied for these posts need not to re-apply.