Company: VisionFund Malawi
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position tenable at VisionFund Head Office in Lilongwe:
PROCUREMENT & ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Location: Head Office, Lilongwe.
Reporting to the People, Culture & Administration Manager, the Procurement Officer is responsible for procurement and administration activities. Main focus is to ensure the efficient management and coordination of procurement activities, and administration work within the organization.Plays acrucial part in optimizing procurement processes and administration to support seamless organizational functioning.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies to meet the organization’s needs and cost objectives;
- Conduct market research to identify potential suppliers and evaluate their capabilities and credibility;
- Prepare and manage procurement documentation, such as Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and purchase orders;
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with vendors, ensuring favorable terms and conditions;
- Monitor procurement activities and vendor performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations;
- Assist in developing and managing budgets related to administration, logistics, and procurement functions;
- Ensure Suppliers and staff are screened before engaging them and on regular basis as per policy using the Watch dog platform.
- Manage data base for all vendors from time to time
- Filing and retrieving of all documentations regarding to procurements
- Plan and coordinate transportation activities, including the scheduling of employee movements;
- Optimize transportation routes to reduce costs;
- Analyze logistics costs and identify opportunities for cost savings and process improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or Degree in Finance/Accounting, Business Administration or any other relevant qualification.
- Proven ability to lead multi-discipline teams, strong communication & presentation skills.
- Strict moral code and ethical standards.
- Ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines, multi-tasking to ensure deadline are met.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in procurement in a busy institution
- Strong client relations, negotiation and selling skills, relationship management and team motivator/builder.
Interested candidates should send their applications together with their detailed Curriculum Vitae, three traceable referees and copies of certificates to:
The People, Culture & Administration Manager,
Private Bag A232,
Closing date for receiving applications is 9th February, 2024.
VisionFund Malawi does not use agents, nor solicit any form of payments for any application, training, interviewing, testing or any fees in connection with this recruitment. Report any acts of solicitation for payment and/or extortion to VisionFund Malawi on the following; Tipoffs TollLines: 0884621623