Company: Malawi Against Physical Disabilities
Malawi Against Physical Disabilities is a non-governmental organization which provides free medical rehabilitation services to persons with disabilities in Malawi through physiotherapy, occupational therapy, nursing, provision of assistive devices and many more. We run outreach programs through regional offices in Blantyre, Zomba, Lilongwe and Rumphi. We also run the Kachere Rehabilitation Centre situated in Blantyre, which is the only referral facility for persons with disabilities in the country. We also produce assistive devices in workshops placed in the regional offices.
With support from the Malawi Government, through the Ministry of Health, we are looking for suitable candidates to work in various professions to fill in vacant positions and help us achieve our goals and objectives in fulfilling our mandate. The positions are as follows:
PROCUREMENT OFFICER (1 POSITION) MAP 4
The Job Summary
Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, the Procurement officer manage to coordinate procurement for MAP in accordance with all current bidding laws and regulations as well as the MAP purchasing policy. Will also have to maintain a positive public perception of MAP by ensuring fairness, transparency and openness in public procurement. Will support administration of corporate insurance policies and assist in various aspects of MAP accounting activities.
Roles and responsibilities
- Support and coordinate procurement activities across all MAP departments including the management of all contracts and agreements
- Ongoing review and enhancement to the procurement policy and procedures to ensure compatibility with best practices in procurement such as tendering, procuring and contracting
- Ensure compliance with procurement policy and procedures, monitoring and overseeing of corporate procurement practices
- Provide support to the development of policies and procedures, templates and strategies for departments to fulfill their purchasing obligations
- Review and compare market products and analyze them for the best quality purchase
- Manage stock in the inventory and maintain a proper record of suppliers and update them accordingly
- Research the market and recommend best prospective suppliers to MAP
- Maintain relationship with suppliers and negotiate contracts.
- Maintain records of suppliers and keep updating them.
- Monitor contractor performance to ensure contractual obligations are being met
- Help coordinate bids for large projects such as big machinery or building projects and prepare reports of bidding processes to management.
Qualifications and other requirements
- Bachelors Degree in related field from a recognized institution
- 2 years’ experience in similar position. Experience in working in the hospital setting is an added advantage.
- Good communication, negotiation and analytical skills
- Strategic and critical thinker, planner and organizer
- Good leadership and supervisory skills.
- Should pay attention to detail.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested candidates should submit their applications either by dropping hard copies at our Head office in Blantyre, at Kachere Rehabilitation Center, along Chipatala avenue; or electronically through firstname.lastname@example.org; or by post to The General Manager, MAP, P.O Box 256 Blantyre. Remember to include your relevant certificates and updated CV with three traceable referees. Applications to reach Head Office by 15th of December 2023.