Company: National Commission for Science and Technology (NCST)
VACANCY: PROCUREMENT OFFICER (CST5)
The National Commission for Science and Technology (NCST) is a fully subvented parastatal organization established under the Science and Technology Act, No. 16 of 2003. The main function of the Commission is to advise the Government and other stakeholders on all science and technology matters in order to achieve a science and technology led development. The Commission fulfils its legal mandate through promoting, supporting, coordinating and regulating the development and application of Science, Technology and Innovation so as to create wealth in order to improve the quality of life.
NCST invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the vacant position tenable at the Commission’s Secretariat situated in Lingadzi House, City Centre, Lilongwe. The following is the required vacant position.
1.0 JOB IDENTIFICATION FACTORS
1.1 Job title: Procurement Officer
1.2 Grade: CST5
1.3 Reporting to: Director General
1.4 Department: Office of the DG
1.5 Division/Section: Procurement and Asset Disposal Unit
1.6 Staff responsible for: Assistant Procurement Officer
2.0 PURPOSE, ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
2.1 Purpose of the Job:
2.2 To properly manage procurement of goods, works and services and disposal of assets of the Commission.
2.3 Key duties and Responsibilities
- Undertaking strategic sourcing, contracting, procurement and supplier oversight of assignments within the framework of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Assets Act and Procurement Regulations;
- Coordinating the sourcing of procurement quotations in accordance with Government approved procedures;
- Overseeing the preparation of annual procurement plans and quarterly / annual procurement reports;
- Preparing bidding documents and bid advertisements; and evaluating bid proposals and specifications in liaison with user Departments;
- Providing advice to Internal Procurement and Disposal of Assets Committee (IPDC) where he/she serving as a secretary;
- Monitoring progress of procurement projects during implementation and facilitating payments of suppliers according to contract terms;
- Conducting procurement and supplier negotiations to achieve both quality and cost effectiveness of procurement.
- Preparing bid documents, Request For Quotations and Request For Proposals and maintaining their records appropriately.
- Preparing specifications for commodities, services and contracts in liaison with user Departments;
- Facilitating the preparation and implementation of procurement plans;
- Preparing procurement reports for management appraisal;
- Conducting evaluation of bids and procurement surveys with a view to recommend for efficient and cost effective supplies;
- Monitoring supplier performance on delivery, quality, price adjustments and conduct of account with the Commission;
- Maintaining sound professional relationship with suppliers;
- Maintaining database of approved list of suppliers.
- Supervising and appraising performance of staff under his/her charge.
3.0 JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND PERFORMANCE FACTORS
3.1 Minimum Academic and Professional Qualifications/Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or Business Administration, Public Administration or relevant qualifications.
- Holds CIPS Professional Qualification.
- Must be member of MIPS.
- 4 years’ experience in procurement and supply chain.
3.2 Required competencies and attributes
The post requires a person who must have:
- analytical and problem solving skills
- communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage time and prioritisation
- Ability to work as a Team and ability to lead a team
- Excellent Information, Communication, and Technology skills across a wide range of packages like Microsoft Packages
- Ability to motivate and lead staff.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications inducing a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), photocopies of relevant certificates, names and addresses of three traceable referees, one of which must be from the most recent employer and a national ID not later than 1st December, 2023 be sent to:
The Director General,
National Commission for Science and Technology,
Lingadzi House, City Centre,
Private Bag B-303,
You can also access the vacancy through the link below:
NCST is an equal gender based opportunity employer and Only short-listed applicants will be acknowledged.