Company: Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHeS)
The Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHeS) in collaboration with the United States Centers for Disease Control and the Ministry of Health is committed to enhancing the precision, dependability, and adherence to medical and research laboratory testing standards, both within the country and beyond. To this end KUHeS has received funding from CDC Malawi to establish periodic and continuous monitoring of the accuracy and reliability of laboratory results from the participating laboratories to improve health outcomes. The work is done in liaison with the National Public Health Reference Laboratories (NPHRL) at Public Health Institute of Malawi (PHIM). As the scope of activities increases, KUHeS seeks an experienced and dynamic Proficiency Testing Scheme Manager and a Laboratory Technologist to join the team.
Proficiency Testing Scheme Manager- (1 Position).
Department : Laboratory
Responsible to : Principal Investigator
Type of contract : 1-year contract
Location : Blantyre
Brief summary of the position
The Proficiency Testing Scheme Manager will be responsible for the strategic planning, development, and management of the proficiency testing schemes. The manager will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, oversee operations, and drive the growth and success of these programs.
- Develop and implement strategic plans to expand and improve proficiency testing schemes in line with
ISO17043 standards and client requirements;
- Design, develop, and manage proficiency testing programs, including sample selection, distribution, and result evaluation;
- Collaborate with laboratories, regulators, accrediting bodies and other stakeholders to ensure scheme compliance and recognition;
- Manage a team responsible for scheme operations, logistics, and dient support;
- Analyze and report on proficiency testing data, identifying trends and areas for improvement;
Develop and maintain documentation and procedures to support scheme operations and accreditation requirements.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Medical Laboratory Sciences, Quality Management, or a related discipline);
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in proficiency testing, quality assurance, or a related role, with proven management experience;
- Comprehensive knowledge of proficiency testing standards, guidelines, and accreditation requirements;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities;
- Leadership skills with a collaborative and team-oriented approach;
- Detail-oriented, organized, and capable of managing complex processes.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send their applications including a cover letter, CV with names, emails, and contact of professional referees and copies of relevant certificates to:
Kamuzu University of Health Sciences
Mahatma Gandhi Road Campus
Or email to: email@example.com
Indicate the position applied for on the envelope for hard copy applications and indicate the same in the subject line of your email for electronic submissions. Applications should reach the Registrar not later than 8th December 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Reference check shall be conducted to successful candidates.