Company: Norwegian Church Aid (NCA)
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN NORWEGIAN CHURCH AID (NCA)/ DAN CHURCH AID ( DCA) – JOINT COUNTRY PROGRAMME (JCP)MALAWI
Norwegian Church Aid works with people and organisations around the world in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustice. We provide emergency assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities.
In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is an International Non-Governmental Organization working in over 30 countries around the world. It is a member of the worldwide ACT-Alliance, comprised of 140 churches and church-related organizations cooperating on humanitarian assistance, advocacy and development. Norwegian Church Aid has been working in Malawi since 2002 and in 2021, NCA joined forces with DCA and are operating as a joint country programme (JCP) in Malawi with Strategic Priorities for the period 2021–2024 being, Gender based violence (GBV), Climate Smart Economic empowerment (CSEE) and Fighting inequality (FI).
Please visit our website: www.nca.no
In 2021 NCA merged with DanChurchAid to form Malawi Joint Country Program (JCP). The JCP was created to enhance synergy and positive sustainable development in the lives of the poor and marginalized people in the target communities of Malawi and to reduce costs and increase efficiency and effectiveness.
For NCA/DCA to continue developing its and partners’ programmes in Malawi, NCA/ DCA is seeking experienced persons with solid knowledge and skills to fill the following vacant positions in the Country office based in Lilongwe:
PROGRAM ASSISTANT – GENDER BASED VIOLENCE
Reports to: Program Coordinator- GBV
Base: Country Office Lilongwe
Area of Responsibility
Program Assistant-GBV main responsibility is to provide support the in the management of the NORAD, RNE and KFW funded projects under GBV thematic area, and any activities related to the deliverables within the GBV programme portfolio, the Gender policy and component of the Prevention of Human Trafficking including partner management, capacity building and monitoring and supervision of project activities.
Duties and Tasks:
- Project management and coordination, hereunder carrying out various substantive, organisational and coordination tasks
- Provide updated technical knowledge within the project to strategy, reports, and proposals.
- Provide technical training and follow up of partners within the project
- Ensure linkage between NCA/DCA and stakeholders within the project.
- Mobilise partners to do advocacy.
- Responsible for planning, project budgeting, monitoring and periodic reporting according to the project life cycle
- Assist in implementation of project activities, hereunder facilitate and conduct trainings, develop publications materials, compile data and document best practices.
- Contribute to coordination across departments and divisions.
Education, qualification, and Skills
- The Program Assistant – GBV should have bachelor’s degree in law, in relevant Social Science, Health or
Theological areas obtained from a recognized academic institution with a focus on Gender.
- He or She should have at least 2 years’ experience in work related areas that promote gender justice and
address gender-based violence within the gender framework and concepts of Human Trafficking
- Excellent representational skills including ability for public speaking, negotiation, and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to facilitate different capacity building initiatives.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to do Field work.
- Willingness and ability to work with all faiths.
- Very strong analytical and drafting skills, the ability to meet deadlines and to produce concise, top-quality
work at strategic and operational levels
- Drive for Results – Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed -upon results.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Focuses on result for the client.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
Fluency in written and spoken English.
Applications including CV, suitability statement and names and contact details of three traceable references should be sent to:
The Country Director, Norwegian Church Aid, P.O. Box 30793, Lilongwe 3 or email: email@example.com
Applications should be submitted by 12 noon on Friday 5th January 2024. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note that NCA is an equal opportunity Employer; therefore all, men, women, and those with disability are encouraged to apply.