Company: Norwegian Church Aid (NCA)
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN NORWEGIAN CHURCH AID ( NCA)/ DAN CHURCH AID ( DCA) – JOINT COUNTRY PROGRAMME ( JCP)MALAWI
Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is an International Non-Governmental Organization working in over 30 countries around the world. It is a member of the worldwide ACT-Alliance, comprised of 140 churches and church-related organizations cooperating on humanitarian assistance, advocacy and development. Norwegian Church Aid has been working in Malawi since 2002 and in 2021, NCA joined forces with DCA and are operating as a joint country programme (JCP) in Malawi with
Strategic Priorities for the period 2021–2024 being, Gender based violence (GBV), Climate Smart Economic empowerment (CSEE) and Fighting inequality (FI).
Please visit our website: www.nca.no
Norwegian Church Aid works with people and organisations around the world in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustice. We provide emergency assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities.
In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
In 2021 NCA merged with DanChurchAid to form Malawi Joint Country Program (JCP). The JCP was created to enhance synergy and positive sustainable development in the lives of the poor and marginalized people in the target communities of Malawi and to reduce costs and increase efficiency and effectiveness.
For NCA/DCA to continue developing its and partners’ programmes in Malawi, NCA/ DCA is seeking experienced persons with solid knowledge and skills to fill the following vacant positions in the Country office based in Lilongwe:
PROGRAM ASSISTANT – MEAL
Reports to: Program Coordinator – MEAL
Base: Country Office Lilongwe
The Program Assistant – MEAL will be responsible for supporting the designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Project; preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, uploading information in the Project Information Management System (PIMS) and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data
in relation to the project activities.
Duties and responsibilities
The Program Assistant – MEAL will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Monitor all project activities and progress towards achieving the project output.
- Recommend further improvement of the results framework.
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results.
- Provide feedback to the project team on project strategies and activities.
- Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks.
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Program Coordinator.
- Provide inputs, information, and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports.
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops.
- Perform other duties as required.
Competencies, Knowledge Management and Learning
- In-depth knowledge on Digital Data Management, M&E, and agriculture related interventions
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology
- Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Focuses on result for the client
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree preferably in Economics, Social Science or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in the implementation of M&E in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs
- Experience in using tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of reports.
- Proven ICT skills, especially the use of Kobo Toolbox
- Expertise in analysing data using statistical software.
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Applications including CV, suitability statement and names and contact details of three traceable references should be sent to:
The Country Director,
Norwegian Church Aid,
P.O. Box 30793,
or email: email@example.com
Applications should be submitted by 12 noon on Friday 5th January 2024. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note that NCA is an equal opportunity Employer; therefore all, men, women, and those with disability are encouraged to apply.