Company: Facilitators of Community Transformation (FACT)
POST: PROGRAM OFFICER
- The Program Officer will support and guide program implementation of project activities for FACT.
- The Program Officer will work to ensure that all program activities are implemented efficiently, timely and in line with the values of the organization.
- S/he will work as part of the organization’s program team and assist in developing program strategy, drafting program activity proposals and reports, supporting the monitoring and evaluation efforts, and overseeing activity budgets.
- The Program Officer performs these functions according to direction provided by the Head of Programs (HOP)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
DAY TO DAY PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Assisting the program team with research and writing tasks and preparation of documents and materials;
- Working with the Program team, ensure that projects are developed in line with the processes outlined in the FACT Operations Manual and Program Management manual. Including the use of FACT guidelines, checklists, templates, risk management tools and other quality assurance frameworks;
- Contribute to developing workplans and monitoring and evaluation schedules in collaboration with the Program Effectiveness Team.
- Assists Senior Management Team in coordinating and preparing for meetings, events, and presentations. Responsibilities include scheduling meetings, booking rooms, taking notes, preparing slides, and summarizing meeting results;
- Provide administrative support for hiring actions and onboarding of new staff, consultants, and volunteers.
TRACK APPROVED PROJECT
- Contribute to project budgeting and financial management;
- Track on-going activities of partners, consultants and other external service providers, to ensure all program activities and reports are delivered at high quality, making the most effective and efficient use of
- Work with other program personnel to monitor and evaluate the performance of the organization and partner organizations program activities, identifying successes and failures and recommending program
- Assist with all aspects of team projects and objectives, and lead the development of work products in collaboration with other staff;
- Mobilize program participants, the media and stakeholders for events and program
- Update and maintain program files and program participants’ contacts for monitoring and evaluation and activities internal reporting
- Monitor Nigerian political current events and developments to provide political and programmatic analysis and recommendations;
KNOWLEDGE AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
- Assist Program Effectiveness Team to maintain project files in line with FACT protocols and standards;
- Update and maintain Project databases as required;
- Assist Senior Managers to ensure Program documents are filed electronically in accordance with FACT policy.
- Work with Program team to ensure learning from M&E is shared widely and incorporated into future workplans.
FACT POLICY AND PRACTICE COMPLIANCE
- Review FACT existing Policies from time to time;
- Update FACT Policy data-base on program related policy status;
- Contribute to development material for FACT communications such as Annual reports
- Participate at approved professional forums, meetings and/ or conferences.
- Liaise with staff from other partners.
- Liaise with communications managers and partners to contribute to feature articles, success stories, best practices and lessons learned from partners/beneficiaries.
- Coordinate with program team for compliance with donors branding guidelines, communications and outreach requirements to enhance the visibility of the donors international activities and initiatives.
- Support with the contract management for volunteers ( in conjunction with relevant staff)
- Undertake ant other duties as discussed and agreed with the senior management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or better in Political Science, International Relations or related field;
- Experience in project cycle management, coordinating project activities, project accounting, and monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience writing reports and project proposals;
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workload to tight timeframes, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities.
Successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- An organized approached and ability to plan workload.
- Excellent writing skills, including an ability to communicate complex ideas and policies;
- Experience of event organization Detailed oriented and organized,
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines: Strong communicator and presenter in English, both verbally and in writing, and
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and lead the efforts of other professionals to effectively meet program goals.
Submit your application together with your CV and 3 traceable referees in HARD COPIES to the following address not later than12th January, 2023.
The Executive Director
Facilitators of Community Transformation (FACT)
P.O. Box 30407
Along By Pass Road Area 46 in Reach Trust House.
Or through Email: firstname.lastname@example.org