Company: Catholic Development Commission in Malawi (Zomba Diocese)
CADECOM, the Catholic Development Commission in Malawi, serves as the Catholic Church’s relief and development arm. Its objective is to raise awareness and provide empowerment to disadvantaged individuals, including men, women, and youth across all levels. CADECOM strives to pursue development that is integral, gender and environmentally sensitive, sustainable, and promotes justice, human dignity, and self-reliance with active participation from the community. In order to ensure high-quality project implementation, CADECOM-Zomba seeks to recruit a highly motivated and experienced individual for the following vacant position
Job Title : Programs Coordinator
Reports to: CADECOM Executive Director and ZARDD Executive Director
The key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Plan, manage, coordinate and supervise the agriculture and livelihood project activities including; Resilience project, Humanitarian projects, Disaster Risk Reduction Project, WASH Project, Nutrition Projects and Integrated Food Security
- Foster coordination and collaboration with District structures, including DEC, DAECC, DCPC, CSO Network, DSP, DCT, and other relevant entities.
- Provide technical expertise and assist field officers in the implementation of project activities according to mandate of CADECOM.
- Taking the lead in Resource mobilization for CADECOM. Developing program and project ideas, subsequently translating them into high-quality grant proposals.
- Taking a leading role in ensuring capacity building of staff as well as communities
- Working hand in hand with finance in tracking the budget expenditure and act as the budget holder for projects
- Approve all fund requests for project activity implementations in accordance with budget lines
- Collaborate closely with the finance department to oversee budget expenditure, review financial reports, and assume the responsibility of being the budget holder for projects.
- Develop work plans and budget to effective implementation of projects activities
- Review work plans and reports from field staff, MEAL officers and consequently monitor and supervise project implementation by field officers and their subordinates
- Ensure effective communication with field staff on day-to-day project activities
- Assisting in objective setting of the project staff and consequently conducting performance review meetings
and providing recommendations on staff performance and development plans
- Evaluating and monitoring emergencies and all development projects
- Identify and implement good agricultural practices for Zomba CADECOM
- Mainstreaming HIV/AIDS, Women and Gender into Agricultural activities
- Lease with other partner member organization on project implementation
- Ensure meaningful and close collaboration and networking between partners, government and local institutions
- Represent CADECOM in all appropriate forums at local, district, diocesan, national and international levels
- Produce and compile monthly, quarterly and annual project reports to management and diocesan authorities and donor partners
- Projects monitoring and evaluation to track projects progress
- Managing donor negotiations and follow ups
- Any other duties assigned by management from time to time
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Natural Resources Management, or related from Malawi Government accredited University
- Three years in practical working experience in Agriculture, and livelihood-related projects
Interested applicants should apply to the address below by submitting their cover letter, a copy of your ID and relevant certificates, updated curriculum vitae which should indicate three names of traceable referees no later than November 23rd 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Human Resource Officer
Catholic Development Commission in Malawi, Zomba Diocese
P.O. Box 115, ZOMBA
Our organization acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard, protect and promote the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities.