Company: National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC)
NATIONAL LOCAL GOVERNMENT FINANCE COMMITTEE
Malawi Social Support for Resilient Livelihood Project
Credit No: IDA5300
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Individual Consultant-Project Assistant Accountant
Date of Issue: 25th January, 2024
The Government of Malawi (GoM) through the National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC) has received financing towards the cost of Malawi Social Support for Resilient Livelihood Project. The NLGFC intends to apply part of the proceeds of this financing to eligible payments under the contract for hiring a Project Assistant Accountant on a three – year contract renewable annually based on performance.
NLGFC therefore invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates to fill the position of Project Assistant Accountant tenable at the NLGFC Offices. The terms of Reference (TORs) for the Project Assistant Accountant are as follows:
2.0 Terms of Reference
Job Title : Project Assistant Accountant – Grade M6
Responsible to : Management Accountants
Purpose: To assist in the performance accounting transaction processing, reporting, and data management in accordance with financing agreements between the Government of Malawi and stakeholders.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in Project Transactional processing which includes preparation of Payment Vouchers, Payment Instructions, and data capture of all Project financial transactions into the Project financial management system in an accurate manner and within expected periods.
- Assisting the Management Accountant in preparing Bank reconciliations and periodic Project financial and management reports/project statements;
- Assist the Management Accountant to ensure accurate and timely production of replenishment claims (Statement of Expenditures-SOE), IFR’s
- Ensuring that all documents relating to financial transactions are properly filed to facilitate their retrieval.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and Work plans
- Ensure compliance with statutory obligations such as preparation of all tax returns and Project staff pension
3.0 Job Requirement
- Diploma in Accounting or equivalent professional accounting qualification
- Be a member of an accounting professional body e.g. ICAM, ACCA, CIMA etc
- Two (2) years of relevant work experience in a similar position in a public or donor-funded institution.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office packages and electronic facilities
- Experience with accounting systems such as Tompro, Sage, Sun Systems.
- Good interpersonal and numerical skills
4.0 Duration of the Assignment
Project Assistant Accountant shall be recruited for a period of 3 years and the contract shall be renewable annually based on satisfactory performance and subject to availability of funds.
The National Local Government Finance Committee (NLGFC) is committed to diversifying Gender equality in its operations and strongly encourages women to apply for the above vacant position.
Submission of Applications
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit application letters together with concise Curriculum Vitae (CV), National ID, and copies of relevant certificates to the address below not later than 17.30 hours on Wednesday 19th January 2024
The Executive Director
National Local Government Finance Committee
Area 14, Red Cross Building
Private Bag 352
Or through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org copy email@example.com
Only shortlisted applicants will be considered for further assessments.