Company: Family Planning Association of Malawi (FPAM)
Family Planning Association of Malawi (FPAM) is a local Non-Governmental Organization that provides quality, accessible and affordable comprehensive sexual and reproductive health and rights information and services to young people, women, men, and the underserved. The organization also works to reduce maternal mortality and rapid population growth by ensuring that women and young people, mostly underserved and from hard-to-reach areas, have access to information and service options in family planning/sexual reproductive health (FP/SRH) and HIV/AIDS.
Since its founding in 1999, FPAM has established itself as a Centre of Excellence in the delivery of quality family planning and reproductive healthcare products and services and HIV/AIDS information and interventions. This is done through its main service delivery channels: Outreach, static clinics, and public sector strengthening activities. In response to rising adolescent pregnancy and maternal mortality ratio in Malawi, FPAM is increasing its focus on reaching young people and expanding access to family planning services.
FPAM is looking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant post.
The coordinator’s roles include managing relationships with external stakeholders, supporting.teams, Quality Assurance, M and E, Service Delivery and Finance. He/she will be directly responsible for the management and overall successful performance of the Nzatonse project in the Organisation.
Reports to: Director of Programmes
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Project and Financial Management
- Ensure narrative reports and financial reports are completed in accordance with deadlines/compliance requirement.
- Support budget setting and monitoring in line with donor commitments for the Nzatonse project.
- Liaise with the finance team to ensure that budget monitoring tools are in place and are being used effectively to manage the project budget at cost centre and project level.
- Maintain productive relationships with the donor, project consortium members, and other stakeholders working in family planning and sexual reproductive health services area.
- Represent FPAM in relevant project, donor and government forums focused on advancing family planning and sexual reproductive health agenda at the district, national and regional level as maybe required.
- Responsible for leading quality and timely reporting of the project results to the senior management team.
- Utilize project, country, and donor data to analyze project progress, update strategies and improve service delivery.
Team Leadership and Development
- Provide leadership and guidance to his/her teams and ensure that every team member is being appropriately performance managed using FPAM tools.
- Role model IPPF/FPAM core values and always demonstrate IPPF/FPAM behaviors.
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- Degree level education in Nursing, and a Master’s degree from a reputable university preferably in Public Health or / and Adolescent Reproductive Health
- A post-graduate level degree in a relevant discipline is preferred.
- Fluent in both oral and written English.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, CV and copies of relevant Certificates with three traceable referees through email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Details of this position can also be accessed by visiting www.fpamalawi.org.
The deadline for submission is Friday, 1 December 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that due to volumes of applications we receive; only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and that FPAM does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. FPAM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
FPAM is an equal opportunities employer.