Company: Development Aid from People to People (DAPP)
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) Malawi is a locally registered NGO that has been operating in Malawi since 1995. Our mission is to work with the communities by promoting social and economic development through health, education training, food security and environmental programs. Our work in development is guided by social cohesion and respect for humanity, implemented through innovative and cost-effective programs. Through a variety of development models, DAPP complements the government’s effort in implementing the Malawi Growth and Development Strategy.
DAPP Malawi is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for various positions for the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) funded project which is being implemented in Blantyre and Chiradzulu districts aiming at strengthening access to high quality and comprehensive services targeting adolescent and young people through Determined, Resilient, AIDS-Free Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) Program under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), a project called “Loto Langa” or “LoLa” in short.
The program includes several layers of interventions including Direct service delivery of HIV Testing and Family planning and condom promotion and distribution to for adolescent girls and young women (AGYW), Social asset building and HIV Violence prevention of AGYW, Economic strengthening and educational support, Families Matter Program and Implementing the IMPower Program
Project Procurement Officer -Chiradzulu (1 post)
Reports to Senior Procurement Officer
The Procurement Officer will have high attention to detail, strong computer skills with the ability to multi-task with minimal error. He/she will be responsible to coordinate the procurement/purchase and supply of equipment, goods, supplies and services, ensure cost effectiveness, efficiency and quality, in compliance with the DAPP and its Partners policies and professional standard practices, whilst adhering to all legal requirements.
Key Performance Areas
- Ensures that all documentation and procedures in all procurements are followed and filed before the purchase is made at all times.
- Ensures that due diligence is conducted at all levels for transparency and accountability
- Develops the Annual Procurement Plan and ensures that it is followed and up-to-date
- Manages and implements the existing procurement policies, procedures and programs with a focus on their ability to enhance organizational value and efficiency.
- Monitors business trends and product availability to pay the best price for organizational goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Develops, implements and maintains a supplier relationship and evaluation process to measure effective supplier performance and compliance
- Undertakes Annual Post Procurement Review Report on on-going project with a view to advise management on lessons learnt for possible improvement
- Develops the meetings schedules for the Internal Procurement Committee, and ensures that all minutes and agenda items are well documented
- Reviews procurement plans for the projects, supporting timely procurement for the projects to run smoothly, receiving supplies and equipment timely
- Ensures that all procurement processes are followed and documented according to the procurement manual and professional etiquette
- Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices
- Ensures that all documentation is correctly submitted before the Procurement Committee
- Develops and submits reports to the Senior Procurement officer on weekly basis
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of advance Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain
- Recent working experience as procurement officer/clerk for a period of not less than three years
- Procurement work experience involving CDC/PEPFAR-funded activities will be an added advantage
- Fast typing skills
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and databases
- Great attention to detail
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker
- Self-starter with minimum need of supervision yet team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills and attention to detail.
Applications stating expected salary and CV (Including contacts(emails) for three professional referees) should be emailed to email@example.com indicating the position title and applicants name in the subject line. All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. Deadline for receipts of applications is on 29th December 2023. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.