Company: Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHeS)
MALARIA ALERT CENTRE
RESEARCH NURSE (NTCHISI)
MAC is a research unit under the Kamuzu University of Health Sciences that works with Ministry of health, local and international health agencies to address priority health problems in Malawi and the SADC region through operational and evidence synthesis research, capacity building and training, health care systems strengthening, disease surveillance, and monitoring and impact evaluation in communicable diseases including malaria, HIV, vaccine preventable diseases and Neglected tropical diseases.
MAC is inviting applications from suitably qualified and enthusiastic individuals to fill various positions in a Case Control Study under the Malaria Vaccine Implementation Project Evaluation (MVPE). MVPE will assess the impact of the new vaccine on mortality, vaccine’s safety and the programmatic feasibility of delivering RTS,S/AS01 (malaria vaccine) when introduced through routine health systems in Malawi.
Reporting to the Study Co-Investigator, he/ she will lead all study-related activities in the district; identify and interview study participants; capture data electronically; collect, process and store biological samples; and assist with all other additional study activities in the study districts. He/ she will work with Research Assistants to complete community and health facility-based data collection.
Duration of Contract
The initial contract will be for 7 months with possibility for further extension based on performance and availability of funding.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Work with Research Assistants to complete community and health facility-based data collection. The Research Nurse will be expected to undertake the following:
- Assessing participant enrolment criteria and conducting informed consent.
- Maintain appropriate ethics certifications and trainings.
- Collect data in accordance with SOPs and the study protocol.
- Collect biological samples from study participants.
- Conduct basic laboratory tests.
- Participate in continuous study participant’s mobilization and education.
- Assist with administrative tasks as needed.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the MVPE PIs from time to time.
- Be an active team member and maintain clear communication with the PIs
- Ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of the studies.
- Assist in all aspect of Quality Control as needed.
- Assist in communication with community and health center leaders.
- Report any challenges to PIs, Managers or administrators.
- Assist with maintenance and organization of the study office.
Qualification and experience
- Diploma in nursing from a recognized institution with 3 years’ clinical research experience, or certificate in nursing with more than 5 years’ experience in clinical research.
- Experience in a busy research setting, especially experience in community engagement and field work
- Registered with the Nurses Council of Malawi.
- Computer literate with experience in utilizing electronic data capture, Microsoft Word, Excel, and internet application systems.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualifications as applicable to staff in the Kamuzu University of Health Sciences. KUHES is an equal opportunity employer.
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications together with copies of relevant certificates and detailed CVs with names, contact numbers and emails of three traceable referees to:
Applications should be submitted not later than Tuesday, 19th December, 2023. Those submitting via email should indicate the project name and title of the post in the subject line of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
Download the advert from the link below: