Company: Women’s Legal Resources Centre (WOLREC)
A consortium comprised of three local women’s rights NGOs has received a grant under the What Works to Prevent Violence Against Women and girls’ program to implement a project that seeks to prevent Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) called Pamodzi Kuthetsa Nkhanza (PKN). The consortium comprises of Women’s Legal Resources Centre (WOLREC), Girls Empowerment Network (Malawi) GENET and Human Rights of Women and Girls with Disabilities (WAG-Disability Rights). The project will be implemented in Balaka and Lilongwe districts as well as at National level for a period of 4.5years. The Consortium seeks the services of the following: –
Response Lead (1 position to be based at the PKN Secretariat in Blantyre)
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to: –
- Provide legal support to women and girls facing Violence.
- Work with key service providers in supporting survivors of VAWG.
- Work with survivors of violence on sustaining
- Develop simplified IEC materials on laws related to VAWG and Gender Equality
- Represent the Consortium in different for a on VAWG.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Program Executive Committee from time to time.
Qualifications Minimum Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in law or its equivalent with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in managerial work. A master’s degree in law or human rights will be an added advantage
Address all applications should be sent to:
The Program Executive Committee
C/o Women’s Legal Resources Centre
P.O Box 31472
Or hand delivered to
Plot Sw 8/517/384
By Monday, 29th January, 2024