Company: Air Cargo Malawi Limited
Air Cargo Malawi Limited (ACM) is a state-owned Company with offices at Kamuzu and Chileka International Airports. The mandate of ACM is to ‘’ provide safe and reliable carriage of goods by air, ancillary services and promote any commercial activity beneficial to the business of the company’’.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following vacancy:
SECURITY GUARD – (Grade AC 10)
Reporting to Security Officer
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides access control to all restricted areas and ensures that only authorized persons and/or goods are permitted.
- Enforces wearing of Restricted Area passes by all persons accessing the Air Cargo Malawi Ltd premises and warehouses.
- Ensures screening of all cargo to avoid entry of illicit or dangerous items into the warehouse.
- Monitors the delivery of cargo to clients and registers the same in the Counter Register.
- Alerts superiors and/or law enforcement officers of suspicious parcels or person’s strange conduct if observed; Air Cargo Malawi Limited.
- Provides cargo escort to and from aircraft and visitors around restricted areas.
- Ensures protection of company property;
- Responds to breaches of security and emergencies immediately;
- Performs any other duties as assigned by Superiors from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Must have M.S.C.E
Those with experience in Warehouse Security will have an added advantage.
Reliable, self-starter and mature in judgment
Honest with sober and high moral/social integrity
Smart and presentable able to communicate fluently in English
Without a criminal record
Physical fit with a good health record
Ready to work odd hours.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Air Cargo Malawi Limited
P. O. Box 30537
Enclose copies of relevant certificates and a comprehensive CV. Clearly mark on the envelope “the position being applied for”. Closing date for receiving applications is 21st December, 2023.