Company: Development Fund for Local Authorities (DFLA)
The Development Fund for Local Authorities (DFLA) was established through the Malawi Government, under the Ministry of Local Government, to provide financing to Local Authorities (LAs). DFLA was incorporated in 1993 as a Trust Fund under the Trustees Incorporation Act, 1962.
The main objective of DFLA is to enhance the financial and administrative capacity of Local Authorities so as to improve the provision of municipal services and infrastructure while at the same time increasing the financing of these activities from internally generated funds.
DFLA is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title : Senior Accounts and Administrative Assistant
Grade : D4
Responsible to : Director of Finance and Administration
Responsible for : Administration and Accounts
Purpose of Job
Administrative and Accounts Clerk is responsible for applying accounting principles, policies and substantive
financial controls instituted by Management, keeping financial records update and timely preparation of
financial reports, and carrying out all administrative roles to support service delivery of DFLA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out monthly bank, pension, allowance balances, payables, receivables and balance sheets accounts reconciliations.
- Preparation of Financial reports and variance analysis.
- Ensure correct accounting records and books of accounts are maintained up to date and according to
- Planning for all the logistics and budgeting for the quarterly committees’ and Board meetings.
- Working hand in hand with the Director of Finance and Administration to make sure all DFLA properties, assets and equipment have fully insurance cover from any uncertainty and risks.
- Work hand in hand with the Director of Finance and Administration on all administrative functions.
Qualifications/ Preferred experience
- A minimum of diploma in Accounting/Finance and Business Administration-ICAM, ACCA & ABE.
- Bachelor’s degree in financial related field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience in a similar role preferably in financial services institution.
- Knowledge in Quick Books and other accounting packages will be an added advantage.
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae and three (3) traceable referees should be submitted by 13th February, 2024 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org