Company: Reserve Bank of Malawi
On behalf of the Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Reserve Bank of Malawi is inviting applications for the under listed positions tenable in Blantyre, on contract for up to three years.
The Deposit Insurance Corporation (DIC) commenced operations on 1st October 2023. It is responsible for
implementing and managing a deposit insurance scheme in Malawi in line with the DIC Act, 2022
SENIOR ICT OFFICER (1 POSITION)
The job responsibility of this position is to manage ICT related issues of the DIC including ICT equipment
installations, data management, internet, and website management. The position will also assist in acquisition
and maintenance of systems and managing Disaster Recovery plans. The position holder works closely with
all the members of the DIC and reports to the Manager – Operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Installing and configuring network software and hardware;
- Assessing and monitoring performance of network equipment and servers;
- Providing support and solving problems for network infrastructure and software;
- Updating the DIC website and emailing system maintenance;
- Ensuring internet connectivity and access control;
- Providing user support and training to staff to ensure proper and effective utilization of ICT Equipment;
- Troubleshooting ICT equipment to identify and resolve issues;
- Performing data management services
- Administering data and software backups for application systems;
- Rectifying operational problems;
- Restoration of data from backups;
- Conducting Disaster Recovery exercises;
- Providing positive and sustainable ICT infrastructure through acquisition and maintenance of software;
- Acquiring and implementing reliable application systems;
- Adhering to ICT governance and compliance; and
- Promoting management of ICT risk within the DIC.
Qualification and Work Experience
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology from a reputable and accredited tertiary education institution;
- Must be between 25 and 35 years of age; and
- Must have:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a relevant field;
- Working knowledge of current network software and hardware protocols, internet standards and emerging technologies;
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve system related errors
- Ability to operate and manage modern and advanced hardware platforms;
- Ability to formulate plans and decides on the structure of databases and program logic flow for new systems;
- Analytical thinking to ably assess and respond appropriately to internal user needs as well as external users/consultants needs;
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organization, interpersonal and communication skills.
Duration of Employment
The contract is for up to three years, renewable on annual basis based on strong performance.
All interested persons who meet the requirements of the jobs listed above should upload their detailed Curriculum Vitae, stating home and residential/postal addresses, names and addresses of three traceable referees and copies of certificates when applying through the following link: https://rp.rbmrp.com/rp/rpm/ not later than 31st January, 2024.
The Deposit Insurance Corporation is an Equal Opportunities Employer. As such, all interested persons who meet job requirements listed above, are encouraged to apply.