Company: Development Aid from People to People (DAPP)
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) Malawi is a locally registered NGO that has been operating in Malawi since 1995. Our mission is to work with the communities by promoting social and economic development through health, education training, food security and environmental programs. Our work in development is guided by social cohesion and respect for humanity, implemented through innovative and cost-effective programs. Through a variety of development models, DAPP complements the government’s effort in implementing the Malawi Growth and Development Strategy.
DAPP Malawi is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for various positions for the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) funded project which is being implemented in Blantyre and Chiradzulu districts aiming at strengthening access to high quality and comprehensive services targeting adolescent and young people through Determined, Resilient, AIDS-Free Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) Program under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), a project called “Loto Langa” or “LoLa” in short.
The program includes several layers of interventions including Direct service delivery of HIV Testing and Family planning and condom promotion and distribution to for adolescent girls and young women (AGYW), Social asset building and HIV Violence prevention of AGYW, Economic strengthening and educational support, Families Matter Program and Implementing the IMPower Program
Senior Procurement Officer (1)
Reports to Head of Administration
The Senior Procurement Officer will have high attention to detail, strong skills in long term planning, creative in regards to developing new ideas for the projects and proposal writing. He/she will be responsible to coordinate the procurement/purchase and supply of equipment, goods, supplies and services, ensure cost effectiveness, efficiency and quality, in compliance with the DAPP and its Partners policies and professional standard practices, whilst adhering to all legal requirements.
Key Performance Areas
- Ensures that all documentation and procedures in all procurements are followed and filed before the purchase is made at all times.
- Ensures that due diligence is conducted at all levels for transparency and accountability
- Develops the Annual Procurement Plan for all DAPP Project Lola procurements and ensure that it’s updated from time to time
- Responsible for managing relationships and negotiating with key suppliers at a senior and strategic level to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders if appropriate
- Manages the existing procurement policies, procedures and programs with a focus on their ability to enhance organisational value and efficiency.
- Forecasts price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer: supplier power
- Develops, implements and maintains a supplier relationship and evaluation process to measure effective supplier performance and compliance
- Undertakes Annual Post Procurement Review Report on on-going projects with a view to advising Management on lessons learnt
- Develops the meetings schedules for the Procurement Committee, and ensures that all minutes and agenda items are well documented
- Reviews procurement plans for DAPP Project Lola, supporting timely procurement for the projects to run smoothly, receiving supplies and equipment timely
- Ensures that all procurement processes are followed and documented according to the procurement manual and professional etiquette
- Monitors business trends and product availability to pay the best price for the Project goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices
- Ensures that all documentation is correctly submitted before the Procurement Committee
- Develops and submits reports to the Head Of administration on weekly basis
Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Procurement and Supply
- Minimum of 3 years of experience overseeing the procurement administration
- Experience of overseeing procurement of CDC/PEPFAR-funded activity will be added advantage
- Demonstrated working knowledge of U.S Government financial and procurement rules and regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong Communication and negotiation skills
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Supervisory and management experience
Applications stating expected salary and CV (Including contacts(emails) for three professional referees) should be emailed to email@example.com indicating the position title and applicants name in the subject line. All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. Deadline for receipts of applications is on 29th December 2023. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.