Company: Air Cargo Malawi Limited
Air Cargo Malawi Limited (ACM) is a state-owned Company with offices at Kamuzu and Chileka International Airports. The mandate of ACM is to ‘’ provide safe and reliable carriage of goods by air, ancillary services and promote any commercial activity beneficial to the business of the company’’.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following vacancies:
SENIOR PROCUREMENT OFFICER – (Grade AC 6)
Reporting to the Director of Finance
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategies for purchasing, storing and distributing goods or services for the company.
- Coordinates annual plans and budgets for the procurement services of the company.
- Advises management on the relevant public procurement procedures and policies to be complied with.
- Liaises with heads of departments to determine their recurrent procurement needs.
- Performs as secretary for the internal procurement committee and oversees procurement and disposal processes for the company.
- Assess the total expenditure costs on company purchases and report the same to management.
- Leads the procurement department in ensuring that it maintains updated procurement data on suppliers, prices and all purchases made on goods and services including their inventories.
- Performs any other procurement-related duties as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or Business Administration
- Those with a Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) Advanced Diploma shall have an added advantage
- Be a Member of MIPS
- Three years’ experience in Procurement duties
- Computer proficiency
- Be of high integrity and without a criminal record.
Reliable, self-starter, and mature in judgment
Honest with sober and high moral/social integrity
Smart and presentable able to communicate fluently in English
Without a criminal record
Physically fit with a good health record.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Air Cargo Malawi Limited
P. O. Box 30537
Enclose copies of relevant certificates and a comprehensive CV. Clearly mark on the envelope “the position being applied for”. Closing date for receiving applications is 21st December, 2023.