Company: Farmers Organisation Ltd
Farmers Organisation Ltd seek to fill the position of SHEQ Practitioner at its site based in Blantyre. The incumbent will be responsible to develop effective SHEQ risk management and drive continuous improvement towards Zero Harm; execute the Group and business SHEQ strategy and drive commitment to Responsible Care principles; provide assurance and SHE compliance and enable SHEQ competencies within Farmers Organisation Ltd and distribution centres.
- Ensure production personnel, contractors, drivers and site visitors receive SHEQ induction before entering production areas.
- In conjunction with departmental Managers develop safe work procedures, maintain and update all relevant SHEQ related documentation and records.
- Ensure firefighting equipment, safety and emergency response equipment are serviced and inspected within the required timeframes.
- Carry out monitoring and measurement of SHEQ statistics (manhrs, electricity usage, incidents, near misses, fuel usage, number of audits completed, number of SHE non-conformances, etc).
- Develop and assist in implementation of emergency response procedures and evacuation plans on sites and offices.
- Ensure emergency plans are communicated to staff and visitors. Review data and provide feedback on Contractor SHEQ files.
- Facilitate SHEQ Risk assessments. Identify, development and assist in implementation of SHEQ controls.
- Conduct SHEQ incident investigations, root cause analysis and facilitation of learning.
- Develop an effective in-house SHEQ Management system and training material and facilitate SHEQ training.
- Coordinate internal and external audits and inspections, annual medicals and compliance to Malawi’s workers Compensation Act.
- Monitor compliance to SHEO legal requirements including permits, Occupational Safety, Health and Welfare Act and any additional in country legislation).
- Ensure contractor files are kept updated as per site’s SHE specification.
- Ensure Management of Change process is effectively managed and records maintained.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERTISE REQUIRED:
- Grade 12 with post matric qualification in Safety, Environmental or equivalent.
- Suitable SHEQ qualifications and experience 3-5 years)
- Computer literate MS Office (Word/Excel/ PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team, use own initiative and be deadline driven.
- Sound knowledge of the Occupational Safety, Health and Welfare Act and associated regulations required.
- Frequent travel required to other sites in Malawi, i.e. Lilongwe, Kasungu and Mzuzu.
CANDIDATES TO RESPOND TO:
The Managing Director
Closing date for applications 20 December 2023.
All applications to be submitted in English.