|Position: Sous Chef
We are looking for a well-qualified Sous Chef
Duties and Responsibilities
Food Preparation and Services
- Allocates staff regularly for different types of menus according to capabilities for smooth running of the kitchen
- Ensures requisitions are prepared according to the menus and level of business for the day
- Checks quality and quantity of raw materials for menus to maintain standards in food production at all times.
- Conducts shift briefings to kitchen and service staff in order to equip them with days menu and activities
- Ensures that food preparation is done in accordance with recipe and customer Needs and requirements
- Ensures that food production is in line with business level to avoid food wastage all the time
- Ensures that stock taking is properly done to determine pilferage and wastage levels every ten day.
|Stocks and Equipment
- Ensures all available equipment is in good working condition for daily operations and is used for their intended purposes to avoid damages and accidents.
- Prioritizes proper storage of kitchen equipment to prevent damages and theft, along with practicing energy conservation by turning off all kitchen equipment after use.
- Enforces that leftover food is properly covered before storage and labelled with expiry dates to prevent wastage and potential food poisoning.
- Ensures that staff are well-groomed and wear protective garments at all times to maintain hygiene and safety standards, preventing accidents.
- Responsible for keeping the kitchen equipment, surroundings, and all food storage areas clean to avoid accidents and bacterial contamination.
- Ensures that stored food is kept under recommended temperatures to prevent bacterial contamination, contributing to overall cleanliness and hygiene.
- Checks that food is served at the recommended temperature to meet guest expectations by using temperature probes all the time
- Checks guest satisfaction through interaction during and after meals
|Staff Development and Supervision
- Takes the lead in training and coaching staff members to ensure quality food production standards are maintained.
- Monitors staff attendance through daily roll calls to ensure a smooth flow of service and control absenteeism, maintaining the efficiency of kitchen operations.
- Provides guidance and counsel to staff members on work ethics to avoid disputes and maintain a disciplined, harmonious working environment at all times.
- Should have a Malawi School Certificate
- Certificate in food production, those with higher qualification in food production will have added advantage.
Experience and Requirements
- Must have worked in a busy environment for a minimum period of 3 years.
- Must have practical knowledge of oriental cuisine.
- The incumbent must be ready to work odd hours.
- Must be able to work in a Personal Residential setting.
Candidates who meets these requirements must send their applications letters with their updated curriculum vitae with three traceable referees and copies of certificates to email@example.com not later than 11th December, 2023.