Company: Malawi Against Physical Disabilities
Malawi Against Physical Disabilities is a non-governmental organization which provides free medical rehabilitation services to persons with disabilities in Malawi through physiotherapy, occupational therapy, nursing, provision of assistive devices and many more. We run outreach programs through regional offices in Blantyre, Zomba, Lilongwe and Rumphi. We also run the Kachere Rehabilitation Centre situated in Blantyre, which is the only referral facility for persons with disabilities in the country. We also produce assistive devices in workshops placed in the regional offices.
With support from the Malawi Government, through the Ministry of Health, we are looking for suitable candidates to work in various professions to fill in vacant positions and help us achieve our goals and objectives in fulfilling our mandate. The positions are as follows:
STORE KEEPER (1 POSITION) MAP 5
The job summary
The storekeeper is responsible for the maintenance of a department’s/organization’s storeroom, performing activities such as stocking of operational materials and supplies, inventory control and records, purchasing, and related duties as required.
Roles and responsibilities
- Take delivery of all incoming materials, issue and Goods Received note and reconcile with purchase orders.
- Track, document, and resolve any discrepancies on received orders
- Ensure accuracy of the facility’s inventory system by updating records of physical inventory totals, receipts, adjustments, and returns
- Manage inventory/supplies and ensure they are within the established minimum and maximum levels
- Keep up-to-date records of receipts, records, and withdrawals from the stockroom
- Responsible for packing, pricing, labeling, and returning supplies
- Responsible for stock rotation and coordinate the disposal of surpluses
- Oversee the handling of freight, the movement of equipment, and minor repairs
- Manage supplier relations and database as well as maintain high ethical relationships both internally and externally
- Create purchase orders and utilize purchasing card to perform low-value procurement activities
- Responsible for shipping cancelled or damaged items back to suppliers as appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Diploma in a related field from a recognized university
- Registered with relevant regulatory bodies
- At least two years experience in a similar job. Those with experience in a hospital setting have an added advantage.
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional work ethic and strict adherence to company policy and sales goals
- Ability to work flexible hours and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a team and independently with minimum supervision
- Time management and ability to prioritize tasks given
- Willingness to learn about new items and procedures quickly.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested candidates should submit their applications either by dropping hard copies at our Head office in Blantyre, at Kachere Rehabilitation Center, along Chipatala avenue; or electronically through email@example.com; or by post to The General Manager, MAP, P.O Box 256 Blantyre. Remember to include your relevant certificates and updated CV with three traceable referees. Applications to reach Head Office by 15th of December 2023.