Company: National Oil Company of Malawi (NOCMA)
The National Oil Company of Malawi (NOCMA) whose main objective is to ensure security of fuel supply in Malawi is a wholly owned Malawi Government Company established under the Company’s Act of 1984 on the 10th of December 2010 and commenced its operations in 2012.
NOCMA is responsible for managing the Country’s 60 million liters Strategic Fuel Reserves facilities situated in Blantyre, Lilongwe and Mzuzu, and smaller depots in Chilumba, Chipoka and Mchinji.
Over the past thirteen (13) years, the Company has grown tremendously in its national strategic importance with its fuel importation market share growing from ten percent (10%) in 2015 to an average of sixty-five
percent (65%) in 2023/2024 and this has been matched with growth in institutional capacity and investments to enable efficiency and effectiveness in executing its mandate.
In its drive to ensure improved and sustained efficiency and effectiveness in delivery of its mandate, NOCMA is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following highly rewarding positions that have arisen within the Company.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer to the right candidates with prospects for career growth within the oil industry.
Applications are therefore invited for the following position:
STORES ASSISTANT (NOC08) – CODE: SA2023 – Tenable at Head Office
The main purpose of the position is to provide custodianship, inventory, and supplies administration and management services.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reconciling stocks accounts
- Receipting goods on delivery from Procurement Division and verifying that goods delivered are in good order, match with delivery note and specification details appearing on both requisition orders and invoices.
- Recording stocks and updating bin cards and all record registers in use
- Issuing of stocks to respective user Departments/ Divisions/Sections/ Units
- Alerting Management when re-order levels of stock items are reached and preparing routine reports.
- Maintaining data bank of specifications for materials
- Assisting in stock taking and writing reports
- Identifying obsolete and redundant items for timely Management decision
REPORTING LINE AND RESPONSIBILITY
The position reports to the Director of Finance and has no responsibility for subordinates.
The required candidate should have the following competences, skills, and attributes:
- Drive for results – Ability to commit to action and assume responsibility and ownership for own performance and the associated outcomes.
- Works collaboratively with others.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Procurement and Supplies or Advanced CIPS Certificate or a related field, from an accredited institution. Possession of Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited institution will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ cumulative work experience, three (3) of which should have been spent in a similar role.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience should send applications with cover letter, copies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), names, addresses and phone contact numbers of three traceable referees to the following address:
The Chief Executive Officer
National Oil Company of Malawi
4th Floor, Kang’ombe House, City Centre
Private Bag 370
Attention: The Human Resources & Administration Manager
Applicants should state clearly on the envelope or in the subject line of an email, the Code for the Post they are applying for.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 6th December 2023
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as NOCMA is committed to achieving relevant gender ratios stipulated in the Gender Equality Act, 2013.