Company: Reserve Bank of Malawi
On behalf of the Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Reserve Bank of Malawi is inviting applications for the under listed positions tenable in Blantyre, on contract for up to three years.
The Deposit Insurance Corporation (DIC) commenced operations on 1st October 2023. It is responsible for
implementing and managing a deposit insurance scheme in Malawi in line with the DIC Act, 2022.
SUPERVISOR, LEGAL SERVICES (1 POSITION)
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the successful candidate will, among other duties, be responsible for:
- Providing professional legal services to the DIC as in-house Legal Counsel;
- Conducting litigation on behalf of the DIC in the Malawi Supreme Court of Appeal, High Court, Magistrates Courts, Industrial Relations Court and other tribunals;
- Drafting and reviewing legal documents and legislation;
- Facilitating conveyancing processes in accordance with applicable laws;
- Providing internal consultancy on legal matters;
- Executing legal documents and administering oaths; and
- Providing secretarial and administrative services to the Board and its committees.
- A holder of Master of Laws Degree obtained from a reputable institution plus 5 years of court work/
practical experience or Bachelor of Laws degree plus 7 years relevant experience;
- Must be admitted to the Malawi Bar;
- Must be between 35 and 45 years of age; and
- Must have:
- Knowledge of planning and handling of court cases;
- Ability to provide legal guidance and legal opinions;
- Knowledge of corporate governance and ability to manage affairs of the Board and its committees;
- Background of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of financial services laws;
- Knowledge of employment law; and
- Knowledge of land laws and conveyancing processes.
All interested persons who meet the requirements of the jobs listed above should upload their detailed Curriculum Vitae, stating home and residential/postal addresses, names and addresses of three traceable referees and copies of certificates when applying through the following link: https://rp.rbmrp.com/rp/rpm/ not later than 31st January, 2024.
The Deposit Insurance Corporation is an Equal Opportunities Employer. As such, all interested persons who meet job requirements listed above, are encouraged to apply.