Company: Family Health Services (FHS)
TEMPORARY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Family Health Services (FHS), formerly known as PSI Malawi, has partnered with the government of Malawi through the Ministry of Health (MoH) since 1994 in safeguarding the health of Malawians by using private sector approaches to reconfigure healthcare delivery – (i) through directly delivering innovative social and behavior change communications, social marketing and social franchising across a wide range of health areas including Reproductive Health, HIV, Malaria and water-borne disease prevention (ii) by playing a market facilitation role, approaching market challenges and opportunities with a system-wide lens that unlocks a self-sustaining market with multiple players that can prioritize, adapt and ultimately thrive without external assistance and funds.
While a local organisation with deep roots in Malawi, Family Health Services is globally connected; mainly through affiliation to Population Service International (PSI), a Washington DC based non-governmental and non-profit making organization that boasts a global network of members across over 50 countries through which FHS continues to leverage capacities, learnings, and best practice to enhance activities in Malawi.
FHS is seeking for Temporary Brand Promotors and will be responsible for selling all FHS products with an emphasis on Care Female condoms.
TITLE: Temporary Brand Promotors
DEPARTMENT: Marketing Development
REPORTS TO: Deputy Head of Marketing
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promoting and Selling all FHS products, including Care, WaterGuard, Super Chitetezo Nets and Chishango, Care, and any other products introduced by the organization.
- Developing new sales channels for non-traditional outlets, such as Care, Chishango, and WaterGuard.
- Hosting IPC sessions to promote FHS products and services.
- Demonstrating the features of FHS products or services to interested customers.
- Producing reports that detail customers’ interest levels, questions asked, and the number of products/samples sold or distributed at various events.
- Setting up and maintaining a demonstration area (promotional booths), such as a table, stand, or booth at various events.
- Generating reports that outline customers’ interest levels, questions asked, number of products/samples sold and/or distributed at various events.
- Participating in community engagement activities that aim at promoting FHS products and services.
- Delivering FHS products presentations and demonstrations to customers
- Help with FHS product merchandizing.
- Any other duties assigned from time to time.
- Certificate in Marketing, Business Management, Communication or related fields
- Alternatively, at least 3-5 years of experience in selling and promoting products and services, preferably in health-related areas, with a Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE).
- Have experience in IPC, trade promotions, exhibitions and door to door sales activities
- Good collaborations and communication skills
- Able to meet sales targets and cope with pressure.
- Able to make genuine connections with customers and tailor their presentations to different audiences.
- Good team player and able to use own initiatives.
- High level of integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Hard working, motivated and committed person.
- Confidence in giving advice and information to clients.
- Proactive, self-starter with personal responsibility and ownership of work
COMPETENCES AND EXPERIENCE
- Familiarity with different Malawian culture and context
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Skills to analyze, interpret and assist to solve difficult problems arising from the organization’s cultural diversity.
- Be self-starter and effective team player.
SEND YOUR APPLICATIONS TO: email@example.com not later than 29th December 2023 @ 13:30 noon.
Family Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity, or expression, pregnancy or related medical conditions. Family Health Services maintains zero tolerance for child abuse, sexual abuse, or exploitative acts or threats by our employees, consultants, volunteers, contractors, or anyone associated with the delivery of our programs and services, and takes seriously all complaints of misconduct brought to our attention.
Family Health Service has become aware of scams involving false job offers. Please be advised: Family Health Services will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process. All active jobs are advertised directly in the newspapers or vetted career websites. Official FHS emails will always arrive from a @fhs.org.mw email address.
If you are suspicious of anything, please report through email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com; or write a letter to Tip-Offs anonymous, P.O. Box 1726, Blantyre; or call/send SMS using Airtel/TNM/Access to 847