Company: National Oil Company of Malawi (NOCMA)
The National Oil Company of Malawi (NOCMA) whose main objective is to ensure security of fuel supply in Malawi is a wholly owned Malawi Government Company established under the Company’s Act of 1984 on the 10th of December 2010 and commenced its operations in 2012.
NOCMA is responsible for managing the Country’s 60 million liters Strategic Fuel Reserves facilities situated in Blantyre, Lilongwe and Mzuzu, and smaller depots in Chilumba, Chipoka and Mchinji.
Over the past thirteen (13) years, the Company has grown tremendously in its national strategic importance with its fuel importation market share growing from ten percent (10%) in 2015 to an average of sixty-five
percent (65%) in 2023/2024 and this has been matched with growth in institutional capacity and investments to enable efficiency and effectiveness in executing its mandate.
In its drive to ensure improved and sustained efficiency and effectiveness in delivery of its mandate, NOCMA is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following highly rewarding positions that have arisen within the Company.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer to the right candidates with prospects for career growth within the oil industry.
Applications are therefore invited for the following position:
TEMPORARY FUEL TRANSPORT LIAISON OFFICER (NOC06) (12 MONTHS) – CODE: TFLTO2023 – Tenable at Head Office
This position plays a critical role in coordinating and managing transportation activities to support NOCMA’s logistical needs. It is responsible for establishing and maintaining effective relationships with transportation providers, monitoring transportation operations, and ensuring compliance with safety, environmental, and regulatory requirements.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Transportation Coordination: transportation activities to ensure timely and cost-effective movement of fuel products from suppliers to strategic fuel reserves, to clients.
- Vendor Management: Establish and maintain relationships with transportation providers, negotiate service agreements, and monitor performance to ensure the highest level of service quality.
- Safety and Compliance: Ensure all transportation activities adhere to safety regulations, environmental standards, and legal requirements. Conduct safety audits and assessments when needed.
- Route Optimization: Implement strategies to optimize transportation routes and reduce costs while maintaining efficiency.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records and documentation related to transportation operations, and compliance reports.
- Problem Resolution: Address transportation-related issues and proactively identify and resolve potential problems to minimize disruptions in the supply chain.
- Reporting: Generate regular performance and costs for management review.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvement and cost reduction in transportation operations and implement best practices.
REPORTING LINE AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY
The position reports to the Business Development and Supply Chain Manager and has no supervisory responsibility.
The required candidate should have the following competences, skills, and attributes:
- Planning and organizing – ability in planning and organizing for delivery of required outputs.
- Performance management – ability in staff supervision and motivation.
- Communication and reporting – ability to prepare and present professionally researched papers that comply with standard policies and other requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited institution.
- Professional certification in logistics or transportation management is a plus.
- Full & current membership of a relevant professional body is an added advantage.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ cumulative work experience, three (3) of which should have been spent in transportation and logistics.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience should send applications with cover letter, copies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), names, addresses and phone contact numbers of three traceable referees to the following address:
The Chief Executive Officer
National Oil Company of Malawi
4th Floor, Kang’ombe House, City Centre
Private Bag 370
Attention: The Human Resources & Administration Manager
Applicants should state clearly on the envelope or in the subject line of an email, the Code for the Post they are applying for.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 6th December 2023
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as NOCMA is committed to achieving relevant gender ratios stipulated in the Gender Equality Act, 2013.