Company: CDH Investment Bank Limited
CDH Investment Bank Limited seeks to recruit a suitable candidate for the position of Transaction Analyst.
Background of the organization
CDH Investment Bank is licensed under the Banking Act by the Reserve Bank of Malawi to provide full banking services. The bank opened for business on 2nd April 2012 and has banking centres in Blantyre and Lilongwe. Being part of Continental Holdings Limited which is a vibrant financial services group, CDH Investment Bank is a unique formation in the financial services sector as it is designed to provide unique banking solutions in Malawi. In this regard, CDH Investment Bank requires highly skilled, motivated and innovative people that will fit the corporate ambitions of a highly creative and innovative bank.
In this regard, CDH Investment Bank Limited requires a highly skilled, motivated, and innovative person that will fit the corporate ambitions of a highly creative and innovative bank.
The Bank invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position of Transaction Analyst, tenable at Head Office in Blantyre.
The position reports to the Investment Banking Manager in all respects.
Nature and scope of the position
- The Transaction Analyst will provide a timely and consistent value-added services as a transaction team member to more senior investment bankers and/or clients with the view to ensuring consistent quality, sound structuring, and commercial viability of transactions.
- The Transaction Analyst will be responsible for assisting senior bankers in any capacity necessary, particularly through analysis of financial data, financial modelling, drafting board papers and authoring marketing materials for sell side engagements in various sectors among other functions.
- Deal origination and general marketing – Work with Associates and Managers in deal origination, general marketing, developing pitch books, and proposals.
- Research – Conduct and present industry, market, and company research.Due diligence – Conduct prefeasibility/feasibility/due diligence processes.
- Deal documentation – Prepare transaction documentation
- Knowledge in investment banking
- Strong analytical skills
- Capable of preparing information memorandums and board papers with minimal supervision
- Strong learning agility and the ability to assimilate new information
- Resilient with a strong ability to meet deadlines and a drive for results
- Ability to network at a high level
- Team player and results oriented.
Qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy
- A post graduate degree in business administration, banking, finance and economics from an approved university or a professional qualification will have an added advantage.
- Proficiency and experience in Excel, financial modeling, including advanced skills in detailed financial forecasting and conducting multiple scenario analyses.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in treasury, banking, or finance with a reputable institution.
- Track record of originating and closing deals
The position offers a remuneration package and benefits commensurate with its seniority, level of skill and experience.
How to apply
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements outlined above may forward applications in person, by post or email to the address below, to be received no later than close of business on 24th November 2023.
Applications must be accompanied by:
- A detailed curriculum vitae;
- Certified copies of academic qualifications;
- Certified copy of valid national identity document/passport; and
- Details of three contactable referees.
Please note applications that do not meet all the requirements specified above will not be considered. Only shortlisted applications will be acknowledged.
Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director
CDH Investment Bank Limited
P O Box 1444