Company: Family Health Services (FHS)
Family Health Services (FHS), formerly known as PSI Malawi, has partnered with the government of Malawi through the Ministry of Health (MoH) since 1994 in safeguarding the health of Malawians by using private sector approaches to reconfigure healthcare delivery – (i) through directly delivering innovative social and behavior change communications, social marketing, and social franchising across a wide range of health areas including Reproductive Health, HIV, Malaria and water-borne disease prevention (ii) by playing a market facilitation role, approaching market challenges and opportunities with a system-wide lens that unlocks a self-sustaining market with multiple players that can prioritize, adapt and ultimately thrive without external assistance and funds.
While a local organisation with deep roots in Malawi, Family Health Services is globally connected; mainly through affiliation to Population Service International (PSI), a Washington DC-based non-governmental and non-profit making organization that boasts a global network of members across over 50 countries through which FHS continues to leverage capacities, learnings, and best practice to enhance activities in Malawi. To accomplish its mission, FHS is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of VMMC Quality Assurance and Improvement Coordinator.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Advisor the VMMC Quality Assurance and Improvement Coordinator, shall facilitate and coordinate project quality assurance and improvement activities to ensure maintenance of quality standards. Specifically, he/she will be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities.
- Continuously implement and monitor program quality assurance and control activities to ensure compliance to national quality standards.
- Coordinate VMMC support supervision and quality assessment activities, including writing and dissemination of assessment reports and monitoring teams’ adjustments to report findings.
- Develop continuous review protocols and ensures compliance to the internal QA/QI tools and checklist.
- Prepare VMMC providers training needs assessment and advises the management on staff training priorities.
- Plan and conduct relevant surgical trainings and mentorship activities to clinical staff according to the project training plans.
- Work with the facilities and central program staff to document and disseminate best practices and lessons learnt.
- Evaluate project and MOH QA meetings including sites supervisions activities to assess achievement of quality objectives.
- Manage and continuously evaluate facility level CMEs schedules to ensure effectiveness.
- Support service delivery team in monitoring prevention, recognition and management of adverse events by ensuring all protocols are adhered to during management of AEs.
- Build capacity of MOH providers in provision of quality VMMC services as well as proper follow up of clients with adverse events.
- Promote availability of guidelines, protocols and SOPs at all VMMC sites and monitors compliance by the service delivery teams.
- Continuously monitor and provide regular updates of reported adverse events.
- Prepares VMMC QA/QI work plans and monitors implementation of activities.
- Participate in the review and production of job aides and tools to ensure standardization and provision of quality services.
- Promote project adherence to environmental mitigation and monitoring plan.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, knowledge, abilities, and skills.
- Degree in Nursing or Clinical Medicine with at least 3 years’ experience in VMMC program implementation and with knowledge of the continuous quality improvement approaches.
- Registered with Medical Council of Malawi or Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi.
Mode of Application
Qualified candidates with the specified qualifications and experience should submit their electronic application letters and updated CVs with names and contact details of three traceable referees, through: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job title, ‘VMMC QUALITY ASSURANCE AND IMPROVEMENT COORDINATOR’ in the email subject line by 28th December 2023.
Family Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individualsregardless of religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation,family status or responsibilities, gender identity, or expression, pregnancy or related medical conditions. Family Health Services maintains zero tolerance for child abuse, sexual abuse, or exploitative acts or threats by our employees, consultants, volunteers, contractors, or anyone associated with the delivery of our programs and services and takes seriously allcomplaints of misconduct brought to our attention.
Family Health Service has become aware of scams involving false job offers. Please be advised: Family Health Services will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process. All active jobs are advertised directly in the newspapers or on vetted career websites. Official FHS emails will always arrive from a @fhs.org email address.
If you are suspicious of anything, please report through email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org; or write a letter to Tip-Offs anonymous, P.O. Box 1726, Blantyre; or call/send SMS using Airtel/TNM/Access to 847